Fans and followers of Unity 2D – the less hardware intensive Qt-using version of Unity currently in development – may be pleased to see that ‘workspaces’ have arrived in the latest builds.
Maverick and Natty users wishing to test the in-development work on Unity 2D can do so by adding the official Unity 2D PPA: -
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:unity-2d-team/unity-2d-daily && sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install unity-qt-default-settings
Once installed don’t forget to select ‘Unity 2D’ from the sessions menu at login time.
Video courtesy of VS8
- Ubuntu Unity 2D gets a PPA for Maverick and Natty testers
- Unity Compiz won’t be backported to Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick
- Accessing apps has never looked so good (unity)