Photoshop CS4, Dreamweaver CS4, Corel Draw X3 on Ubuntu with wine
Running Photoshop CS4, Dreamweaver CS4, Corel Draw X3 portable on Ubuntu with wine.
Installation currently fails under wine versions later than 1.1.17
Hence, the applications was installed using 1.1.17, not 1.1.20.
Installing has to be done in an earlier wine version, 1.1.17 (or perhaps 1.1.16).
The exceptions being that one more thing is needed for the install to work properly, winetricks ie6 and that I used the 1.1.17 version.
Here follows the shamelessly stolen and edited installation guide:
1. If you have used wine before, please start of with a clean .wine folder. Or bottle you Photoshop by doing every action with a specific wineprefix.
2. Install Wine 1.1.17 from http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html
3. Download winetricks and install necessary libraries. Also make sure you have a decent driver for your graphics card installed.
sh winetricks msxml6 gdiplus gecko vcrun2005 ie6
sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
3. LANG=C before the following command like this:
LANG=C wine Setup.exe
4. To fix the text-layer bug, put atmlib.dll in “~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system 32″. You can download it from several places if you search it on google.
5. Install Wine 1.1.20 from http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html(or your package manager), to fix the menu bar bug.
6. Try running.
You can delete /home/[USER]/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Updater6/Adobe_Updater.exe to stop adobe updater (or unselect it during installation way down in the unexpanded list)
I am not sure why, but on my screen I had to change the UI font size(preferences->interface->UI Font size) to "medium" in the application, or else it would look quite crappy. After that, it looked great!
I have only tried with clean .wine-directories, but it might work with used ones as well.
I also had some problems seeing the checkboxes during installation, but it was pretty easy to find them(after some clicking).
I copied this post from appdb.winehq.org . Thank you for Nicklas Börjesson.
I tried it on Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10 and 9.04 ;)
To run coreldraw X3 portable you need to copy mfc40.dll to wine system32 folder.
That's it! Enjoy ;)
If you have an any problem please comment here.
I'm sorry for my English is not good enough.