The first stable release of lightweight music player Beatbox is now available for Ubuntu users.
Beatbox 0.1 is developed by Scott Ringwelski. An attractive and feature rich music player Beatbox is also light on resource usage.
Features include: -
- Library Management, including auto-importing to ~/Music folder
- Audio and video playback
- Playlists/Smart Playlists, including ‘Similar songs’
- Last FM integration
- Ubuntu Sound Menu support
- List, album view and miller column views
- Shuffle, repeat, and queue options
- Automatic album art and artist image fetching
- Metadata tag editor (with mass editing)
Future developments to Beatbox will target adding device synchronization support and a music store.
Beatbox 0.1 is available to install for Natty users and Oneiric testers by adding the following PPA: -
Beatbox requires one dependency not available in Ubuntu - libsqlheavy.
Libsqlheavy can be installed in Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10 by adding the elementary Desktop PPA:
As this PPA will upgrade stock Nautilus to Nautilus-Elementary in Ubuntu . They may you may wish to download the .deb for libsqlheavy separately at : -