The latest version of lightweight webkit browser Midori has been released.
Alongside bug fixes and stability improvements version 0.3.0 sees duckduckgo.com set as the default search engine. Never heard of it? Wikipedia says: -
“[DuckDuckGo.com] uses information from crowd-sourced sites (like Wikipedia) with the aim of augmenting traditional results and improving relevance. The search engine philosophy emphasizes privacy and does not record user information.”
Other notable changes/update include: -
- Support for libnotify 0.7
- Correct bookmark and search icon names
- Better link menu handling
- Fix Russian keyboard issues
- Simplify language and panel options
- Default to DuckDuckGo search
- No Netscape plugins in extension panel
- Easy user add-on install infobar
Download Midori 0.3.0
The latest builds of Midori are, as always, available to install via its own dedicated PPA. This also requires the addition of the WebKit PPA.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:midori/ppa
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webkit-team/ppa
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install midori
Alternatively source can be downloaded here.
- Midori 0.2.9 released with private browsing, Google reader fix & more
- MIdori web browser 0.2.7 released – new features, new extensions, better speed
- Midori 0.2.6 Released – Now allows custom number of speed-dials